Estate Planning Services
The number one myth about estate planning is that it is only meant for certain types of people at certain stages of their lives. However, this is not the case.
Estate planning helps you preserve and protect your wealth now, and upon death, to ensure your wealth is transferred according to your specific values, vision, and goals.
While your specific estate planning needs can vary based on several factors, such as your age, health, wealth, and goals, nearly everyone can benefit from having a structured, well-designed estate plan in place.
At Minotti Financial Group, our team of specialists are here to help you understand how your assets will be distributed under your current estate plan and the existing tax laws. Our team will work with you and your existing financial professionals to formalize your wishes to potentially minimize the administrative burden and maximize the wealth that is transferred to the other individuals and organizations that are important to you.
During your estate planning consultation, we will discuss a variety of estate planning considerations including:
- Will: Having a carefully prepared will is just the first step in creating an effective estate plan.
- Trusts: Living Trusts can ensure financial privacy, communicate a client’s wishes if incapacitated, avoid probate, reduce potential estate taxes, protect the estate from potential creditors, and control the wealth transfer of assets to heirs.
- Power of Attorney: Under HIPAA law, doctors are prohibited from discussing medical information without authorization.
- Advanced Healthcare Directive: Necessary to direct the assets of an incapacitated individual without court approval.
- Probate: Depending on how you structure your estate plan will determine if your estate will go through probate which can sometimes be a time-consuming and an expensive process of distribution.